Saturday, April 23, 2016

Chinese Style Stir Fried Spaghetti


All these while I have always thought that pasta tastes best when cooked the western way, but I am so wrong! I tried stir frying it the Chinese style for lunch one afternoon and was instantly won over. Tasted like the chinese char mee. Yummy indeed!


Chinese Style Stir Fried Spaghetti
Serves 1

80g of Spaghetti - cook till al dente
2-3 garlic, minced
Half onion, sliced thinly
1 quarter capsicum, thinly sliced
3 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 prawns, shelled, devein and cut into 3 pcs
1 tbsp oil

1/2 tbsp oyster sauce/ abalone sauce
1/2 to 1 tbsp light soy sauce (adjust accordingly to preferred taste)
1/2 tbsp chinese cooking oil (Hua Diao Chiew)
1 tsp sesame oil
2 to 4 tbsp water
dash of pepper
spring onion, cubed - for garnishing

1. Bring a pot of water to boil, put in spaghetti and cook for 8min till al dente (or according to packaging instruction).
2. While spaghetti is cooking, heat oil in a pan and fry garlic and onion till fragrant (do not allow it to brown). Add in capsicum and fry for awhile then add in prawn cubes and button mushrooms. Cook till prawn cubes are almost done.
3. Drain spaghetti water and add in cooked spaghetti into main pan and mix well.
4. Add in all sauce (except water and pepper) and stir fry well.
5. Add in water and stir well to mix, allow to cook for about 30seconds.
6. Add pepper and mix well.
7. Dish out and top with spring onion. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.