Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tomato Egg



I am starting the year with more food dishes than more cakes and bread!  I bake when the kick comes, and stay away when I am not in the mood.  So... be prepped that more food dishes will appear here than before :P

Here's one quick and easy egg dish that can be served in no time, and it pairs so well with plain rice or plain porridge.

I love this combi of egg and tomato. Cooked this for the first time and hubby also said it was good. 





Tomato Egg
2 or 3 garlic, minced
1 medium tomato (roughly cut into cubes or slices)
3 eggs

1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
a dash of pepper
1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
1/2 sesame oil (optional)
1.5 tbsp Canola oil
3/4 tsp sugar

1.  Crack eggs into a bowl and add light soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, sesame oil (optional) and Chinese cooking wine.  Set aside.
2.  Heat oil in pan and add in minced garlic and fry for some 30 seconds, then add in tomato cubes/slices and add in sugar then stir fry it well.  Let tomato cook till soft but not too mushy (tomato juice will ooze out and soften the tomato cubes/slices).  Spread tomato evenly over pan.
3.  Pour beaten egg over tomato and on medium high heat, let egg cook and firm up a little before mixing it up with spatula to form scramble egg.  After mixing tomato and eggs well, and when you see that the egg is cooked (yet not too dry still), turn off heat, dish out and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.